Financial Analyst/Consultant – Q1392911
Carter Consulting, Inc. (CCI) is a minority-owned business headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. CCI was established in 2005 to support the government and private sector for their professional staffing, management and technical assistance needs. Since our inception, CCI has grown to provide high quality professional services to various organizations, public and private, domestic and international, at the local, state and federal levels.
CCI possesses the knowledge, resources, abilities and capacity required to assist government and private institutions in completing high-level, mission critical, sensitive projects, meet goals and objectives, and carry out their overall mission. CCI’s professional, trained employees and consultants represent the full scope of management, scientific, and technical disciplines. We focus on the details so our clients can focus on the outcome. Visit our website at www.carterci.com for more information.
CCI employees enjoy a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401k with match and paid time off. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Number of Openings: 1
Location: Atlanta, GA
CCI is seeking an experienced Financial Analyst/Consultant for a proposed position to provide support to the National Center of Environmental Health within the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Perform macro-level review of appropriated and reimbursable funding;
- Develop/populate template document reflecting available funding, commitments against funding, balances;
- Identify and correct problems with planned spending and alert Division leadership of need for redirection, if applicable;
- Prepare financial reports for funds managed in the Division;
- Develop budget. Determine estimated annualized obligations for various funding sources upon which a percentage tap is applied to finance OD activities. Provide information about how much each Branch is to be assessed to Division leadership;
- Prepare quarterly spending plans for leadership;
- Monitor the monthly Status of Funds (SOF) reports to compare plans against spending. Collaborate with Office Chiefs to exchange information/update plans for funds;
- Analyze Branch spending plans and SOF reports; participate in financial reviews with Division Program Management Officer, Branch Program Analysts and OAS Budget Analysts to track spending progress;
- Developing recommendations for a revised user fee structure accounting for resource sustainability and growth and current services offered
- Bachelor’s Degree and with major study in an academic field relating to accounting or finance and appropriate to the work of the position;
- MBA preferred;
- 7+ years of professional experience in a Federal Environment (preferably the CDC);
- Knowledge of relevant computer software UFMS, IRIS and IMPAC-2 and the operation of CDC’s Financial System;
- Knowledge of USG budget process and the Federal accounting structure;
- Knowledge of appropriations law and Federal Acquisition Regulations;
- Knowledge of ATSDR funding sources, including inter-agency agreement handling requirements;
- Skill in using computer systems and standard software applications (Excel, Word, Outlook). Must be an Excel superstar;
- Ability to use CDC’s Integrated Resources Information System (IRIS) management tool and its feeder systems (GovTrip, ICE, IMPAC II, manual obligations);
- Ability to develop budgets (including calculation of compensation and benefit costs for civilian and commissioned corps personnel; travel, supply and equipment procurements, etc.);
- Ability to be flexible in a high-paced, sometimes stressful environment and balance multiple priorities at once;
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, able to interact with diverse groups of people.
How to apply:
Please click to apply: CCI Application
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
This is a proposed position and this positing is to increase applicant files for future use and there is no anticipated hire date.